What are the museum hours of operation?
The museum is open from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm daily except for Tuesdays, January 1st, Thanksgiving Day, and December 25th.
Can I bring my own food and drinks?
No. Food and drink are NOT permitted in the museum galleries. The only exception is bottled water. Water fountains are in the gallery with Walt’s collection of miniatures (Gallery 7B).
Does the museum have food and beverages for purchase?
Yes. The Museum Cafe is onsite and open during the following hours:
Can I take pictures or video in the museum?
- Sunday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm (Full Food Service: 11:00 am to 4:00 pm)
- Monday, Wednesday & Thursday: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm (Full Food Service: 11:00 am to 3:00 pm)
- Friday and Saturday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm (Full Food Service: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm)
Yes, however, please keep your camera flash OFF at all times. Non-flash photography is allowed for personal, non-commercial use except where noted; video recording is allowed for personal, non-commercial use except where noted. Professional camera equipment, including tripods, is NOT permitted. The material on exhibit is copyright protected; any reproduction of it will be prosecuted as permitted by all applicable laws. Additionally, we request that guests silence all cell phones and refrain from using them while in the galleries, so as not to disturb others.Can I sketch in the museum galleries?
Yes. However, guests are only allowed to use pencil for sketching. Complimentary pencils are available at Ticket Desk. Additionally, while group sketch sessions are allowed, guests may not charge others to join sketch sessions, or collect any personal revenue from meet-ups that occur on the museum’s property.Can I bring my service animal to the museum?
Yes, the Walt Disney Family Museum welcomes service animals. Under federal law, service animals are dogs trained to work or perform tasks for the benefit of people with physical or mental disabilities. The work or tasks performed by a service animal must be directly related to the handler’s disability. Additionally, service animals must remain under their handler’s control at all times while inside the museum. Dogs or any other type of animal or pet whose sole function is to provide comfort, companionship, or emotional support—such as a support animal—do not qualify as service animals under federal law and are not permitted in the museum.Does the museum have a security procedure prior to entering? Will my bags be checked?
Yes. For the safety and security of the museum, guests, staff, and the artifacts, all bags and parcels are subject to inspection by Security. Prohibited items include weapons, knives, box cutters, scissors, flammable liquids, permanent markers, and spray paint. Security may not allow guests to bring in other items if they deem said items hazardous.Is there a specific dress code?
Guests must be wearing a shirt and shoes to gain entry to the museum.Is there WiFI at the museum?
Yes. The Walt Disney Family Museum offers free public WiFi by connecting to the WDFMuseum network. While laptops are permitted in the Café, laptop use is NOT permitted in the galleries.Is the museum appropriate for kids?
Yes.Does the museum have any other rules?
Yes. Visitors, regardless of age, are expected to adhere to the following behavior rules:
- Considerate behavior is expected of all visitors; any individual or group whose behavior is disruptive, aggressive, or offensive to other guests or staff may be asked to leave.
- Shirts and footwear are required for entry.
- No running.
- No touching of artwork, cases, or other artifacts. Some displays, monitors, and headsets are interactive and noted as such; if you are unsure, please ask a Guest Experience Associate first.
For the protection of the objects and the comfort and safety of all guests and staff, please refrain from the following while in the museum’s galleries or special exhibition hall:
Is a coat check available?
- Carrying backpacks, large bags, or portfolios
- Carrying children in backpack carriers, on shoulders, or on back
- Eating, drinking, and chewing gum
- Carrying umbrellas
- Smoking, including electronic cigarettes and vaping devices
- Running, yelling, or disruptive behavior
- Playing music or recordings out loud on hand-held devices
- Cell phone conversations
- Demonstrating or solicitation
- Flash photography
- Using selfie sticks, tripods, monopods, and photography lighting equipment
- Using flashlights or laser pointers
- Using pens, markers, charcoals, and pastels, or solvents
Yes, a complimentary coat check is available on the lower level, just below the Museum Store. All backpacks, parcels, suitcases, umbrellas, and large bags MUST be checked.Are strollers available for rent?
Please speak with the Guest Experience Associate in Coat Check, which is located on the lower level, if you would like to rent a compact stroller. When borrowing our complimentary resources, such as a compact stroller, you will be asked to leave a photo ID with staff for the duration of your rental as collateral. Oversized strollers MUST be checked, and, because stroller parking accommodations are limited, we recommend that guests leave larger strollers in their vehicles, or in Coat Check.